The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette is one of the most anticipated vehicle reveals of the century so far–are you as excited as we are? For the first time, the production-spec Corvette will be a mid-engine car, opening possibilities to a much higher level of performance than we’ve ever seen from the ‘Vette. But you know all that. You’re here for world-class, comprehensive 2020 Corvette coverage and photos you can only find at MotorTrend.
So be sure to check back frequently, as we’ll be adding Corvette content after the C8’s reveal. Enjoy!
Motor Trend links:
- EXCLUSIVE: C7 vs. C8 Corvette on the Track! Pro Racer Randy Pobst Drives Both (W/Video)
- The Chevrolet Corvette is the 2020 MotorTrend Car of the Year
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Pros and Cons Review: Setting a New Standard
- The 2020 Corvette C8 Beats These 10 Amazing Cars in our Figure-Eight Test
- The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 is Faster-Accelerating Than These 10 Pricier Cars (W/Video)
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette vs. 2020 Porsche 911 Comparison: Two Icons on Equal Footing (W/Video)
- EXCLUSIVE: 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray First Test: The C8 Keeps Its Promises (W/Video)
- Refreshing or Revolting: 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (W/ Video)
- 2020 Corvette C8.R First Look: Think of it as a Mid-Engine C8 Z06 Teaser
- Exclusive: What Are All Those Buttons in the 2020 Corvette C8? (W/Video)
- Exclusive: Hear and Watch the C8 Corvette Start, Rev, and Launch (W/ Video)
- Exclusive: Testing the C8 Corvette As Seen From the Driver’s Seat (W/ Video)
- Exclusive: 6 Cool 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Easter Eggs (W/Video)
- Exclusive: What Can You Fit in the 2020 Corvette C8? We Find Out! (W/Video)
- How Much Will the 2020 Chevy Corvette C8 Cost to Insure?
- How to Buy One of the First 2020 C8 Corvettes in America
- Corvette vs. Fighter Jet! Racing a ZR1 Against a U.S. Navy F/A-18 Hornet!
- Exclusive: We Drive Mid-Engine Chevrolet Corvette (Historic) Prototypes
- 1967 Shelby GT500 vs 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray 427
- 9 Times We Put a Mid-Engine Corvette on the Cover of MotorTrend
- What the Mid-Engine Corvette Must Learn from the C7 Corvette Stingray
- 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Visits Legendary NASA Space Sites
- This Special ‘69 Chevrolet AstroVette is What You Drive to a Saturn V
- Refreshing or Revolting: 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Coupe vs. Convertible
- Can the 2020 Chevrolet C8 Corvette Convertible Hold as Many Golf Clubs as the Coupe?
- Chevrolet Corvette Convertible: A History in Photos From C1 to C8
- Refreshing or Revolting: 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Convertible
- What are the Differences Between the 2020 Corvette C8 Convertible and Coupe?
- What The Corvette Convertible Can Teach Us About Z06 and ZR1
- 2020 C8 Corvette Convertible: Here’s How We’d Build Ours
- REVEALED: 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Convertible First Official Photos, Info
- Chevrolet Corvette C8 Convertible Gets First-Ever Power Hard Top for 2020
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Convertible Price Sees Huge Price Bump
OMG NEW CORVETTE
- Corvette C8 Coupe Tops Out at $106,205—$10K More Than the C7 Z51!
- GM-UAW Strike Further Extends Wait for 2020 C8 Corvette Stingray
- Your Guide to the C8 Corvette’s Digital Gauges (W/Video)
- How to Use Launch Control and Burnout Mode in the C8 Corvette (W/ Video)
- Chevrolet Corvette C8 Convertible Weighs 102 Pounds More Than Coupe
- REVEALED! Mid-Engine 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Makes 495 Horsepower (W/Video)
- We Ride in a 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Prototype! (W/Video)
- Supercar Bargain! 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray to Start Below $60,000
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Interior Review: What’s Different Inside the C8 (W/Video)
- Can the New 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Really Hold Two Golf Bags? (W/Video)
- Build Your Dream 2020 C8 Mid-Engine Corvette in Chevrolet’s Mobile Showroom (W/Video)
- The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8’s Exterior Styling in Detail (W/Video)
- We See You: 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Peeks Out at Coupe Reveal
- Mid-Engine 2020 Corvette Basics: What You Need to Know
C8 ENGINE AND TECH
- LT2 vs. LT1: 8 Ways the C8 Corvette’s LT2 Engine Bests the C7’s LT1 (W/Video)
- How Much Power Does the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Really Make? We Take it to the Dyno and Find Out (W/Video)
- C8 Corvette Dyno Test Follow-Up: What Really Happened (W/Video)
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8: 4 Tech Triumphs
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette: Three Challenges the Mid-Engine Car Presented
- Why Did the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Move its Engine? (W/Video)
- Take a Tour of the Mid-Engine 2020 Chevrolet Corvette’s Powertrain (W/Video)
- Track Test: Will the Chevrolet Corvette Z51 in Track Alignment Erase Understeer?
- How to Launch (JUMP) a 2020 Chevrolet Corvette in 5 Easy Steps
- The Chevrolet C8 Corvette Stingray Is a Loss Leader
- World Series MVP Wins 2020 Chevy Corvette, Has to Wait for His Like the Rest of Us
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 vs. C8.R: Here’s How the Race Car is Different
- Hear the Corvette C8.R’s Flat-Plane DOHC V-8 Sing for the First Time
- What Do the Corvette Codes Z51, Z06, and ZR1 Mean?
- First Production 2020 Chevrolet C8 Corvette Headed to Auction
- How Does the 2020 C8 Corvette Drive? How Fast is it? Find Out Next Week!
- Watch the 2020 Chevy Corvette Hit 194-MPH Top Speed in New Video
- Source: The C8 Corvette Z06 is Getting a Flat-Plane-Crank Twin-Turbo V-8!
- Surprise! 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8.R Race Car Debuts at C8 Corvette Convertible Event
- Here’s What the C8 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Could Look Like
- What the Mid-Engine Corvette Can Learn From the Pontiac Fiero
- 2020 Corvettes at Carlisle 2019 Bring Strong Reactions from 60K Hardcore Fans
- Top 10 Greatest American Cars of All Time
- 8 Mid-Engine Corvettes That Never Made it to Production
- How Chevrolet Corvette Wheel Designs Have Changed, From 1953-1996
- 2019 Genovation GXE Review: A Record-Setting Electric Corvette
- Chevrolet Corvette Photos: Tracking Corvette History In Photos
- A Look Back at the C7 Chevrolet Corvette as We Get Ready to Say Goodbye
Original source: Motor Trend
While the last C7 Corvette will be in a private collection, the last C7 Corvette Stingray will be on permanent display for all to see.
The final C7 Corvettes rolled off the assembly line on November 14th marking the end of the line for the front-engine Corvette before production begins for the all-new, mid-engine C8 ‘Vette. The final Corvette – a black Z06 – was auctioned off earlier in the year for $2.6 million to a software company CEO, but the second to last Corvette isn’t going far. This car will represent the last C7 Stingray ever, and today it was donated to the National Corvette Museum, which is right across the street from the Corvette’s assembly plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
This penultimate C7 was purchased by NCM lifetime member and supporter, Ivan Schrodt, who was riding shotgun in the ‘Vette while NCM CEO Dr. Sean Preston drove the car into the museum. Mr. Schrodt took brief delivery of this Stingray before handing the keys over for donation, and he was one of more than 4,000 people who took advantage of Chevy’s museum delivery program.
As part of the donation ceremony, the NCM had a number of Bowling Green Assembly Plant employees on hand who signed the engine cover of this Stingray. From here, this Corvette will be permanent fixture at the museum enshrined among all of the other important and significant Corvettes on display. This ceremony was a fitting send off for the C7 Corvette ahead of the highly anticipated launch of the C8.
In fitting style, the last C7 Stingray was equipped in a familiar Corvette color scheme featuring the Arctic White paint job over an Adrenaline Red interior – mimicking the look of the original 1953 Corvette with its Polo White paint and red interior. This 2019 Corvette Stingray is equipped with the mid-level 2LT trim level and the upgraded Z51 performance suspension, and it also has Carbon Fiber and Painted Body Color removable roofs, Carbon Flash exterior trim accents, chrome emblems, red calipers, personalized plate package, brake package, performance exhaust and chrome aluminum wheels. All in, this well-equipped Corvette had a sticker price of just over $70,000, making it quite an impressive donation to the museum.
Source; Jeffrey N. Ross, motorious
Hans is asked many times…What are the benefits of Carbon Fiber? His answers are simple, carbon fiber provides solutions to most any application. Whether it is reducing weight and adding strength for a racing application, protection for our soldiers on land or by sea, or just making an exotic automobile a bit more exotic. Put simply when carbon fiber is built right like at deBotech it is plain BAD ASS!!!!!!! Check it out below.
New Z06 is the most aerodynamic Corvette ever…by Detroit Steel
It seems we’re learning something every week that makes us love the 2015 Z06 even more as the car revs up for its road debut early next year.
It’s the most capable, most track-worthy, highest-performing Corvette – you’ve probably heard it all by now.
However, the latest bit of news centers on the new Z06 being one of the most aerodynamically engineered vehicles on the market. Add that Z07 package to the mix, and the car holds the distinction of having the most aerodynamic downforce ever measured on a production car.