Some states even have more than 20 units up for grabs.
The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette sold like hotcakes, with some pending orders still underway. In fact, Chevrolet is aiming to hit the 20,000-unit production mark this year, covering both coupe and convertible versions of the C8 Stingray. Now, production of the remaining 2020 Corvette orders has already commenced, but if you’re among those who have ordered, patience should be your virtue.
Alas, Chevrolet is moving on to the production of the 2021 model year Corvette C8 by November, but did you know that there are still a few units of the Corvette C7 left in the dealers?
Gallery: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 First Drive
According to a report by CorvetteBlogger, Matt Beaver of Whitmoyer Chevrolet in Pennsylvania discloses that there are still 289 units of the 2019 Corvette C7 showing as available in dealerships spread across the country. So, if you aren’t a fan of the new mid-engine layout, there’s a good chance you’ll still be able to buy a brand new unit in a dealership near you.
Among the states that have the most number of C7s still available are New Hampshire, Illinois, and Florida – all with more than 20 units waiting for their rightful owners. There’s no information about their prices, though.
Get Into The ‘Vette Mill:
Also, if you’re looking for a manual Corvette, which is something missing on the C8 generation of the sports car, you’ll be glad to know that there are still a few MT units left within these dealerships. There’s one manual Stingray Convertible, while nine Stingray Z51 coupes still come with a stick shift. Out of the 138 Grand Sport Coupe units left in the U.S., seven of them come with a third pedal.Save Thousands On A New Chevrolet Corvette
MSRP $ 56,995Save on average over $3,400 off MSRP* with
Motor1.com Car Buying ServiceSEE PRICING
And yes, if you’re in the hunt for a 2019 Corvette ZR1, there are still four units up for grabs – three manual, one automatic – but all of them are dealer demo units, according to Beaver’s list.
The catch? It wasn’t disclosed at which exact dealerships do these MT Corvettes are located at, so you better be asking for assistance from your local dealership if you’re interested.
Its’s not a fair race to begin with, but at least they’re both painted white.
It’s no secret that Hennessey Performance is working on the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 by giving it a twin-turbo conversion. We’ve heard it roar in its initial stage before, plus it has hit the dyno in a previous video as well, but we have yet to see it in action again. We’re guessing that Hennessey is still wrapping up its development.
What we see from the Texas-based tuner, however, is its slightly tuned mid-engine ‘Vette. Fitted with stainless steel exhaust, lightweight wheels, and Hoosier race tires, we’ve seen the white C8 drag race several cars before, including a Huracan and a Mustang Shelby GT500.
Gallery: C8 Corvette Dyno At Hennessey
Now, Hennessey pits the altered C8 versus a bone-stock Corvette C7. We’re not really sure what the purpose of this head-to-head comparison is because it has already been decided right before it even started. Plus, the C8 has performance upgrades, albeit not much, on its employ but still, we wouldn’t say that this is an apple-to-apple comparison.
But then again, a stock C8 and C7 comparison isn’t fair either. On paper alone, the C8 has the major advantage in terms of total output, with the latest model producing 490 horsepower (365 kilowatts) – a quite massive update from the former’s 455 hp (339 kW). The C8 also gets a better 8-speed dual-clutch transmission.
Jacob Oliva for Motor1
The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette is one of the most anticipated vehicle reveals of the century so far–are you as excited as we are? For the first time, the production-spec Corvette will be a mid-engine car, opening possibilities to a much higher level of performance than we’ve ever seen from the ‘Vette. But you know all that. You’re here for world-class, comprehensive 2020 Corvette coverage and photos you can only find at MotorTrend.
So be sure to check back frequently, as we’ll be adding Corvette content after the C8’s reveal. Enjoy!
Motor Trend links:
- EXCLUSIVE: C7 vs. C8 Corvette on the Track! Pro Racer Randy Pobst Drives Both (W/Video)
- The Chevrolet Corvette is the 2020 MotorTrend Car of the Year
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Pros and Cons Review: Setting a New Standard
- The 2020 Corvette C8 Beats These 10 Amazing Cars in our Figure-Eight Test
- The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 is Faster-Accelerating Than These 10 Pricier Cars (W/Video)
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette vs. 2020 Porsche 911 Comparison: Two Icons on Equal Footing (W/Video)
- EXCLUSIVE: 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray First Test: The C8 Keeps Its Promises (W/Video)
- Refreshing or Revolting: 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (W/ Video)
- 2020 Corvette C8.R First Look: Think of it as a Mid-Engine C8 Z06 Teaser
- Exclusive: What Are All Those Buttons in the 2020 Corvette C8? (W/Video)
- Exclusive: Hear and Watch the C8 Corvette Start, Rev, and Launch (W/ Video)
- Exclusive: Testing the C8 Corvette As Seen From the Driver’s Seat (W/ Video)
- Exclusive: 6 Cool 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Easter Eggs (W/Video)
- Exclusive: What Can You Fit in the 2020 Corvette C8? We Find Out! (W/Video)
- How Much Will the 2020 Chevy Corvette C8 Cost to Insure?
- How to Buy One of the First 2020 C8 Corvettes in America
- Corvette vs. Fighter Jet! Racing a ZR1 Against a U.S. Navy F/A-18 Hornet!
- Exclusive: We Drive Mid-Engine Chevrolet Corvette (Historic) Prototypes
- 1967 Shelby GT500 vs 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray 427
- 9 Times We Put a Mid-Engine Corvette on the Cover of MotorTrend
- What the Mid-Engine Corvette Must Learn from the C7 Corvette Stingray
- 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Visits Legendary NASA Space Sites
- This Special ‘69 Chevrolet AstroVette is What You Drive to a Saturn V
- Refreshing or Revolting: 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Coupe vs. Convertible
- Can the 2020 Chevrolet C8 Corvette Convertible Hold as Many Golf Clubs as the Coupe?
- Chevrolet Corvette Convertible: A History in Photos From C1 to C8
- Refreshing or Revolting: 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Convertible
- What are the Differences Between the 2020 Corvette C8 Convertible and Coupe?
- What The Corvette Convertible Can Teach Us About Z06 and ZR1
- 2020 C8 Corvette Convertible: Here’s How We’d Build Ours
- REVEALED: 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Convertible First Official Photos, Info
- Chevrolet Corvette C8 Convertible Gets First-Ever Power Hard Top for 2020
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Convertible Price Sees Huge Price Bump
OMG NEW CORVETTE
- Corvette C8 Coupe Tops Out at $106,205—$10K More Than the C7 Z51!
- GM-UAW Strike Further Extends Wait for 2020 C8 Corvette Stingray
- Your Guide to the C8 Corvette’s Digital Gauges (W/Video)
- How to Use Launch Control and Burnout Mode in the C8 Corvette (W/ Video)
- Chevrolet Corvette C8 Convertible Weighs 102 Pounds More Than Coupe
- REVEALED! Mid-Engine 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Makes 495 Horsepower (W/Video)
- We Ride in a 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Prototype! (W/Video)
- Supercar Bargain! 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray to Start Below $60,000
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Interior Review: What’s Different Inside the C8 (W/Video)
- Can the New 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Really Hold Two Golf Bags? (W/Video)
- Build Your Dream 2020 C8 Mid-Engine Corvette in Chevrolet’s Mobile Showroom (W/Video)
- The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8’s Exterior Styling in Detail (W/Video)
- We See You: 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Peeks Out at Coupe Reveal
- Mid-Engine 2020 Corvette Basics: What You Need to Know
C8 ENGINE AND TECH
- LT2 vs. LT1: 8 Ways the C8 Corvette’s LT2 Engine Bests the C7’s LT1 (W/Video)
- How Much Power Does the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Really Make? We Take it to the Dyno and Find Out (W/Video)
- C8 Corvette Dyno Test Follow-Up: What Really Happened (W/Video)
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8: 4 Tech Triumphs
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette: Three Challenges the Mid-Engine Car Presented
- Why Did the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Move its Engine? (W/Video)
- Take a Tour of the Mid-Engine 2020 Chevrolet Corvette’s Powertrain (W/Video)
- Track Test: Will the Chevrolet Corvette Z51 in Track Alignment Erase Understeer?
- How to Launch (JUMP) a 2020 Chevrolet Corvette in 5 Easy Steps
- The Chevrolet C8 Corvette Stingray Is a Loss Leader
- World Series MVP Wins 2020 Chevy Corvette, Has to Wait for His Like the Rest of Us
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 vs. C8.R: Here’s How the Race Car is Different
- Hear the Corvette C8.R’s Flat-Plane DOHC V-8 Sing for the First Time
- What Do the Corvette Codes Z51, Z06, and ZR1 Mean?
- First Production 2020 Chevrolet C8 Corvette Headed to Auction
- How Does the 2020 C8 Corvette Drive? How Fast is it? Find Out Next Week!
- Watch the 2020 Chevy Corvette Hit 194-MPH Top Speed in New Video
- Source: The C8 Corvette Z06 is Getting a Flat-Plane-Crank Twin-Turbo V-8!
- Surprise! 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8.R Race Car Debuts at C8 Corvette Convertible Event
- Here’s What the C8 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Could Look Like
- What the Mid-Engine Corvette Can Learn From the Pontiac Fiero
- 2020 Corvettes at Carlisle 2019 Bring Strong Reactions from 60K Hardcore Fans
- Top 10 Greatest American Cars of All Time
- 8 Mid-Engine Corvettes That Never Made it to Production
- How Chevrolet Corvette Wheel Designs Have Changed, From 1953-1996
- 2019 Genovation GXE Review: A Record-Setting Electric Corvette
- Chevrolet Corvette Photos: Tracking Corvette History In Photos
- A Look Back at the C7 Chevrolet Corvette as We Get Ready to Say Goodbye
Original source: Motor Trend